The Most Important Q's To Ask Your OB/GYN
By Alexandra La-Rotta
It’s that time of year again. Your annual visit with your gynecologist is quickly approaching and you’re wondering how to make the most of your appointment so you don’t wind up missing out on asking the right questions. We're not often taught to expand on our problems, let alone educated on the right questions to ask your gynecologist.
Here’s a list of the important questions to ask your OB/GYN at your next appointment:
- Why is my period abnormal?
- What does it mean if I have an odor?
- Should I test for STDs every time I have an appointment even if I have the same partner?
- At what age should I be getting fertility testing done?
- Why am I experiencing dryness and irritation?
- Could I be pregnant?
- What are the signs of menopause?
- Can I safely have sex during my cycle?
- Is discharge normal?
- What happens if my pap smear comes back abnormal? Does that mean I have cancer?
Asking your gynecologist important questions about your vaginal health and wellness can make the difference between maintaining your reproductive health and potentially experiencing serious women’s health issues.
No question is too silly nor should you ever be made to feel like you cannot ask questions that pertain to your health and wellness. Be sure to speak up and voice your concerns with your gynecologist so you can get the best care and treatments possible. You and your honeypot deserve it.