When you think of burning love, we want you to picture the immense passion and love that comes from sex, not the burning bacteria infiltrating your vagina afterward. That’s why the Honey Pot Company stands by a 100% natural UTI treatment with the right ingredients and practical prevention habits.
While both men and women are susceptible to urinary tract infections, women are 10 times more likely to receive the infection although research has not yet provided a clear reason. Research shows that women who are sexually active are more likely to get urinary tract infections because of the direct contact of bacteria in the genital area, which is then pushed into the reproductive system and sometimes even the kidneys. Infections are most likely the result of the bacteria reaching the kidneys, and that's enough of a statistic for us to want to help our fellow Honey Pot lovers stay bacteria and infection free. Our entire line of intimate feminine hygiene products were built on a premise of every woman having access to products and information that allow her to live her best life sans UTIs, BV outbreaks, and yeast infections. Some of the known bacteria that can bring about these infections are Morganella Morganii, Proteus Mirabilis, and even Escherichia Coli.
Here are a few UTI prevention tips you can use to create a natural UTI treatment and hinder their onset as well:
- Urinate before and after having sexual intercourse.
- Stray away from birth control methods like diaphragms or spermicides that are more susceptible to bacteria growth.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated to keep flushing harmful toxins from your body.
- Do not use washcloths to clean your vaginal area. We recommend using your hands to clean as washcloths are known to harbor bacteria that can lead to UTIs and other pesky infections.
- Cranberry juice is amazing on many fronts for the vagina, but it must be sugar free for this purpose! Cranberry juice is full of acidic compounds that love to eat the bad bacteria that can harm the urinary tract and vagina.
- If you do get a UTI, D-mannose is one of the best treatments as it is made of a type of sugar that is similar to glucose. It basically eats the bad bacteria and in turn gives relief in the urinary tract. For D-mannose treatment, take 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dose of d-mannose powder with a half glass of water, then wait 45 minutes to an hour and drink again. Repeat 2-3 times a day until you see results.
- Vaginal probiotics are pretty important for recurring UTIs and infections, and Lovebug Probiotics are one of the best out as they contain a blend of cranberry and vitamin C. Bio K can also be a very effective tool for UTI's
- Garlic herb is also effective as it is a natural antibiotic. You can either use it fresh or in the pill version. If you're using fresh, it is important to smash the garlic first and let it sit for 5 minutes or so to release the Allicin. We recommend using day and night until the infection clears up.
- Lastly, and most important we recommend using proper feminine care on a daily basis as the vulva, vagina and urethra are all connected. The Honey Pot Co. feminine washes are great because they contain garlic, apple cider vinegar, rose and lavender. All are amazing herbs that help protect against harmful bacteria and help solve issues concerning UTIs and infection.
Looking for the right line in our fully-functional system that will work for you?