All Things Orgasm
By Alexandra La-Rotta
The big O! Getting off! Le Petit Morir! Orgasms are a girl’s best friend. There are countless reasons why one should aim to have a few orgasms a week.
Here are a few to wet your whistle:
- Incredible stress reliever. Orgasms help reduce mental and physical stress. It helps shift the focus from whatever is causing the agitation and anxiety and brings you to a place of presence within your own body. Achieving orgasm instantly relaxes your body as endorphins are released which give you that cozy, relaxed feeling. It’s a healthy way to keep your stress levels balanced.
- Sleep inducer. Have you ever noticed how much better you sleep after a good orgasm? This is because you have to exert some energy to achieve orgasm whether that’s done through self-stimulation or with a partner. Once you reach climax, along with endorphins, your body also releases prolactin which instantly calms the body and makes sleep an obvious next step.
- Confidence booster. Being able to achieve orgasms is a direct correlation to the level of understanding and acceptance of your sexuality and sexual needs. Your confidence levels rise when you become acutely aware of what makes your honeypot tick and can achieve orgasm through masturbation or sexual intercourse and/or foreplay.
- Increase libido. In order to keep the fires burning you must continuously stoke the flame. Regular orgasms ensure you maintain a healthy libido by keeping your sexuality at the forefront of your self-care routine. It’s easy to forget about your sexual needs when stress, life and your daily routine gets in the way which can lead to depression, anger, anxiety and frustration.
- Improve pelvic floor. Along with helping to improve circulation, orgasms also help progress the health of your pelvic floor. Your pelvic floor is a group of muscles that help support your internal organs including your uterus and bladder. When you orgasm and do your Kegal exercises, this helps to strengthen the pelvic floor which can translate to stronger orgasms in the future.
Loving yourself is loving every inch of your body and treating yourself with care. Orgasms are a wonderful way to practice self-love and self-care that will keep you feeling and looking your best for years to come!