Top Foods to Eat for Vaginal Health
By The Honey Pot Company
Your diet affects every part of your body and that includes your vagina. With new trendy diets being shared all the time, you probably don’t think about eating well for your vagina, but you can! Below are some of the best foods for vaginal health that you can easily incorporate into your diet to keep your honeypot happy and healthy.
- We have already shared the importance of taking a daily probiotic, but eating fermented foods also works like a probiotic to keep your vaginal pH balanced and your gut happy. Some of the best fermented foods to eat include Greek yogurt, kombucha, sauerkraut and apple cider vinegar (ACV is so good at balancing your pH we also include it in all of our feminine washes). The live and active cultures in these foods promote vaginal health and help to ward off any yeast or bacterial infections.
- Avocado is not just for toast anymore. Everyone’s favorite fruit is full of healthy fats, vitamin B-6, and potassium, all of which are good for your vagina. Especially the fats, since they are unsaturated, they can enhance your vagina’s lubrication, help with any vaginal dryness, strengthen the vaginal walls and even increase libido. Some other foods with unsaturated fats that you and your sex life can reap the benefits of include flax or chia seeds (sprinkle some of top of many different foods- especially your pH balancing yogurt), salmon and almonds.
- If you’re craving carbs, reach for some sweet potatoes, a great source of Vitamin A. This vitamin is essential for healthy reproductive functions and can increase fertility. Sweet potatoes can also help to strengthen and protect your vaginal walls.
- Cranberries contain powerful antioxidants and acidic properties that help your vagina break down bacteria and infections. You’ve probably heard to drink cranberry juice for a UTI (urinary tract infection) but be sure to stay away from the sugary juice and instead opt for the all-natural and sugar free cranberry juice to reap the benefits. Sugar can cause an overgrowth of bad bacteria in the vagina. Some fresh cranberries also make for a great immunity-boosting snack.
- Finally, WATER. The benefits to upping your h20 intake are endless. Better skin, hair, weight management and when it comes to your honeypot water increases lubrication and aids in the flushing out of toxins.